Thursday, January 13, 2011

Be careful when going out on a limb



The last time I posted, I was so excited about branching out...being more fearless in my choices of color and design. With the upcoming smoochie-moochie Valentine's Day holiday approaching - not to mention the full page of red, pink and white featured on Etsy recently - I decided to make a Valentine inspired trivet. The design is gorgeous. But the color palette just isn't 'me'. I dunno, maybe I'm just not the smoochie-moochie type.  My daughters all think "it's LOVELY". And I think it's lovely too. I know several women who would adore this in their kitchens. But an eye-popping vibrant pink would have suited my own style more. As artists, I think it's important to stay true to our own style. Our followers need to know what to expect from us as well. So, be bold. Be daring. But don't lose sight of who you are as an artist in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment